1. Current exchange: we advise our clients to exchange money before depature from their countries. American dollars and Euros can be exchanged into Soles in banks, authorised places such in Miraflores and also Lima town (Centro de Lima). When Traveling in Peru,There also are money exchange people who work casually in some avenues of the capital, there is a minimal fee difference; however, for security reasons,we would strongly recommend you doing in authorized places.
2. Transport: we would suggest our travellers to commute by authorised taxis. Hotels normally provide this service. If not, make sure the cabs have the signs on the side of the car (black and yellow). There is not taximetres in our taxis; therefore, payment is in cash. Fees from Miraflores to Lima town usually are US $5-7 or 15-20 Soles.
3. Water: avoid drinking water from the tap. The water is purified at the source but the distribution system may allow the water to be contaminated en route to the tap. Water bottles are sold in shops, petrol stations and supermarkets.
4. Restaurants: Lima is the gastronomic capital of America; therefore, there is a wide range of prestigious restaurants which combine our Peruvian ingredients with international dishes such: Chinese, Italian, Japanese, etc. However; you can not miss our famous Cevicherias (seafood). The most popular restaurants are located in Miraflores, San Isidro and Lima town.
5. Passport: at the airport you will receive our “Andina card”, which we recommend presenting with your passport at the hotels you stay in.while visiting Peru. Please, mind carefully the “Andina card” since it’s relevant and could easily gotten lost.
6. Tips: It’s up to the visitors giving tips at restaurants and places they visit. Usually, the tips are not included in the bill but if you wish giving a tip, it normally is 10% of the total bill.